Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Cold Hands of Redemption

Wednesday, October 29, 2008
8:45am (library opens at 9am)
Front Seat of Car, Library Parking Lot

Hey! So I survived the night. Lol, it got pretty cold; I had on like two jackets, but was still freezing. So I wrapped two dress shirts which I had in my bad around my legs and feet to stay warm. I dozed on and off because of the cold, but I was also sorta afraid of going to sleep, 'cuz in all the movies I seen, the guy sleeping in his car always gets awakened by a cop shining a flashlight and wanting license/registration...Mhm, and my TX license is like seven months expired. Lol, ok, I haven't renewed it, 'cuz I don't have the money. But it's top priority, I promise. Remember, safety first kids. ;-)

My night was interesting to say the least...I finally gave up trying to sleep at about 5am, so I got out of my car, got undressed (lol, the dress shirts around my legs; yes I had jeans on undernearth), and brushed my teeth like I always do when I wake up (the flavor was intense, try mixing cinnamon toothpaste with dr pepper, and you will understand what I'm talking about), then hung out at wal-mart reading twilight/new moon/and almost all of eclipse, oh and i also finished up brisingr (which I thought was pretty lame). (hey I read fast)...

If you read my last post, then you know how important I believe good family relationships are. Well I had to go back this morning to pick up the rest of my stuff from my grandparents' house. So I got there at 7:30am, set off their alarm, and woke them up...yep...hey, in my defense, they are like always up by 6:00am...

So way to go, Michael! But I went ahead and loaded up my stuff, then something amazing happened. I sat down at that table hurt, frustrated, and saddened to talk to them before I left. I got up 30min later...and all I can say, because I'm unable to describe the multitude of emotions running though me, is that God deserves all the glory for the reconciliation and forgiveness that when on during that span of time. Suffice it to say, that I will have a place to stay with them through the end of this week. But the most important thing is that there is love, peace, and harmony in our relationship again. And that is the way it is supposed to be between family members and especially Christian brothers and sisters.

1 comment:

akkate08 said...

I love love love blogs so whenever I see that someone has one, I like to check it out. This is by far my new favorite blog. It is so edifying! God has been exposing things in my heart that are ugly and sinful - ungratefulness, discontentment, etc. A lot of these things are things I've read about in your blog and I am so thankful for you sharing your experiences. I have no idea what your life is like, where you are, and what's going on with you but if there are EVER things I can pray for you about, please let me know.