Friday, October 31, 2008

The Winds of Change

Everyone likes safety nets...a job, food, a place to live, money....things that make you feel secure in life. For me, the last few weeks, I've been rollin' along without much of anything earthly to make me feel secure. That has changed. Actually a lot has changed. I'm happy. I have two jobs, possibly a third job, today I turned down a fourth job offer. I don't mind working doing menial labor--grunt work--for low pay. But when I'm in a position where I can choose, I feel extra blessed. I have a place where I can stay until I find a apartment. A place which I feel was the best of all of the options. A place with family.

Like I said, a lot has changed. For the better of course. I think that through all of this, God has been teaching me a valuable lesson. I've had to rely upon Him in ways I never did before. But I am not the only one who has been affected.

This morning I was to meet the couple that had originally said I had a place at their home if I ever needed it. I was supposed to meet them at 11am for lunch. I was literally walking out the door to go there, when the phone rang. I hesitated, then decided to answer it quickly. The time was 10:55am. It was my step-grandfather. He said that he wanted to talk to me about something. What he said on the phone is confidential, but God had been working in his heart as well. He basically told me that I could stay with him and my grandmother for as long as I needed until I found a apartment. The phone call ended at 11:05am. Please, can you imagine what was going through my head right then?

Talk about God's timing. I am just overwhelmed about everything that has been happening. Time and time again, He has shown Himself to be faithful regardless of my tiny faith.

I will write more, but after my thoughts are a little more clear.

No comments: