Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Life is a Smoothie

Monday, October 20, 2008
10:27pm
Floor of Empty House, Twin Oaks (where I'm sleeping)

Today I worked from 8am to 4pm in the cafe. I now know how to make about eight different kinds of smoothies. Spending all that time working with fruit puree and crushed ice got me to thinking; life is very much like a smoothie. Sure different flavors go into specific drinks, but just like life's circumstances and the way we react to them, it's what is inside the mold that makes us who we are. We all only get one earthly life to live, and that smoothie can only be drank once.

Is the price worth it? As you peruse down life's menu of choices, you will be faced with many hard decisions. Thankfully, we don't have to close our eyes and randomly point. God has given us His Word, and has put special individuals in our lives to help guide us along the right path.

Although I feel that this analogy has many qualified points, I do think that in the future I will refrain from countering the question I was asked so often today, "What do y'all have in your smoothies?", with "What types of choices do you make in your life?".
I got too many weird looks...

As I close this note, I have to ask you one final (compound) question.
What are you putting into your smoothie, and is it worth it?

No comments: