Friday, October 24, 2008

So Much More

Wednesday, October 22, 2008
8:25pm
Floor of Bedroom, Twin Oaks House

Wow, I haven't written for two whole days which is like a new record for me. But like everything else in life, there's a reason for that...it's been crazy.

But first, let me give a brief (yet through) synopsis of my last few weeks.

...ok, so I'm laughing to myself, 'cuz I'm really tired (more on that later), so I think I will take a nap and resume this post later tonight...

...(sounds of soft snoring)...

(resuming) 10:27pm
...ah, haha =), much better.

So anyway, the last few weeks have really been a time period in my life where I've been pulled and stretched in so many different ways. Good ways mostly, ways in which I've spent a lot of time on my knees praying, and a lot of time on my feet working to do my part.

I've gone from thinking that I had a place to stay until next fall when I start school, to finding out that I could no longer stay where I was and that I would need to find another place in less than ten days. I was told this in a time in my life when I had no job, no money, no prospects or immediate plans for other living accommodations, and no idea what so ever that I would be given this deadline. It's okay to laugh about it now, but at the time I was a little bit shocked, and a tiny bit in denial. That was on Monday night, October 13, 2008. I did not know where I would be sleeping the next week on Wednesday, October 22, 2008, which just so happens to be today!

Honestly, I was scared; scared of the unknown, yet at the same time for some reason that I can only attribute to the naivete of youth, excited. I'm sure you can all imagine my elation and relief two days later, when I received a phone call from Books-a-million telling me that they wanted to hire me. I am extremely glad no one else was there at the house (my grandmother was staying overnight at a friend's house, and my step-grandfather was in Colorado--I had to be out of the house by the time he got back next week on Wed).

For the next hour as I walked around the house getting dressed to go in and fill out the paperwork to be hired, I would randomly burst into laughter, or just start giggling like a little girl for no reason. I say no reason, but we both know that it was because I was so thankful for that phone call.

As the rest of the week pasted with me working eight hours everyday, I continued to seek other living options. But with no money, no credit, and only being eighteen years old, there weren't many options. In fact, after being kicked out of my grandparents' home, the only place I could find that would take me in was my car.
It smells nice.

That Sunday however, as those of you who have read my earlier posts know. God provided by sending someone literally out of the blue. Words could not express how grateful I am to this lady, who really without even knowing me, offered me a place to stay, until I could get back on my feet.

They say that God works in mysterious ways, and I have to agree with that saying. I don't know what went on, but after hearing about what happened on Sunday, my step-grandfather extended the date I could sleep on the floor of their empty house that they aren't living in until the end of the month. So I know have a job, a place to stay for the next nine days, and today I was interviewed and hired for a second part-time job that pays two dollars more a hour that my other job.

What can I say? This is only a fraction of what God has done in my life. Trust me, the story of the last three months is much longer. All I know is that every time I'm tempted to lose faith, God does something amazing.

I know that when I'm tired, I tend to not make much sense when I write, but I hope that if even everything I said was complete gibberish, that somehow, just a few drops of the joy, peace, and thankfulness that I'm experiencing right now trickled down to you.

There's so much more I want to write, but my hand is cramping up, and I have to get up early to work tomorrow, so goodnight and goodbye until next time.

Michael

No comments: