Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Random Explanations

This post is so that I won't have to answer these questions anymore...;-)

My username, "Saint Mike"...

I've been using this oxymoron ever since I started using computers...so for like the last ten years of my life? The name originates from my own name and the obvious reference to Michael the archangel...also, when I started using this name, it was because I wasn't the most mature ten year-old, and I might have verbally harassed and baited a few neighborhood kids....

My use of the term "fallen angel" under my blog name, is a shout-out to a story/book I wrote a few years back (that although imaginative, is completely untrue), about angels who at the beginning rebelled against God, but did not completely follow Lucifer. They were cast out of heaven, yet have no place in hell. They wander the earth, doing acts of kindness, trying to redeem themselves and find a place back in heaven.
It reminds me of the futility of achieving eternal life though good works alone.

My blog name, Paper Cuts of Life, refers to my job working in a bookstore and the frequent papercuts I receive there. The analogy further explains how although papercuts are painful, they are short-lasting, and serve a purpose in learning to be more careful. I was able to find a lot of parallels in my own life...

No comments: