Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Peace of God

Tuesday, October 28, 2008
2:43am
Floor of Bedroom, Twin Oaks

I am a little tired, (got off work at midnight, ran for a hour, ate, and showered. Lol, come on, I'm a teen-ager, I live for these types of hours!) but I have so much to say. (haha, somehow I always end up in this position.)

The last time I wrote was during a real low point in my life. Probably the lowest ever actually. The feeling of being there, yet not belonging, will stay will be forever. It made me re-affirm some of my life purposes' though, one of which is to be a friend to the friendless. The feeling of utter and absolute desolation is one no human being should ever have to experience on earth.

Fortunately, this story has a happy ending, but you already knew that didn't you? When I wrote last, I had one short-term living option, but no long-term availabilities. As of this writing, I now have had two families graciously offer to open their homes to me for a short while; and I also have two long term possibilities (please pray that I can find a room-mate).
Whoa, wait. Did I read that right? You mean I can actually pick and choose where I'm going to live? Lol, but seriously, is God good or what?

It's times like these, when all I can do is fall down on my knees, and thank God and praise Him for who He is. Not only that, but I've been changed through this. Permanently.
I used to be very reticent about being open and sharing my faith. But these days, it's like you've just gotten what you wished for Christmas, or learned an amazing new piece of news that you just have to share with everyone you meet. I've even been able to talk to my co-workers about what has happened to me, and the workplace was probably my biggest hurdle when it comes to sharing Christ.

I feel like I'm bouncing around from topic to topic (it's the caffeine and the time talking), but hopefully I made half-way sense. The journey isn't over, but I think the worst has pasted. Even if not though, because of what has happened, my faith (and hopefully yours) in His love, guidance, and never-ending protection has never been stronger.

Philippians 4:7
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

No comments: